Urban Land Institue of Baltimore presents: Belvedere Square: What does it take to make an urban retail center work?
Date: Friday, April 11, 2008
Time: 7:30-8:00 am networking 8:15 – 9:30 am program / presentation
Location: Johns Hopkins Downtown Center
10 North Charles Street
Join ULI Baltimore for a presentation on the award-winning redevelopment of Belvedere Square, a center that once was nearly vacant. Resurrecting this center required a partnership among the City of Baltimore, Baltimore Development Corporation and private developers. This project provides lessons learned for developers and public officials as they contemplate public-private partnerships.
Our distinguished panel will address such issues as:
1. How did the Belvedere Square pubic-private partnership and redevelopment come together?
2. What makes public/private partnerships work?
3. What obstacles do these partnerships face and what strategies are successful in overcoming them?
4. What does it take to make a community retail center successful?
5. What lessons can be learned from the Belvedere Square experience?